La Milonga Que Faltaba presents the 2016 New Orleans Tango Festival in a city named by Travel + Leisure Magazine readers as one of the best in 2014!
June 16-19, 2016
Astor Crowne Plaza Hotel
Located on the Corner of Bourbon and Canal
Fabian Peralta & Josefina Bermudez, Argentina
Rod Relucio & Jenny Teters, USA
George & Jairelbhi Furlong, Argentina & Venezula
Adam Hoopengardner & Ciko Tanik, USA
Carlos Urrego & Cindy Lopez, Colombia
Joe Yang & Yumiko Krupenina, USA
- Beginner, intermediate, advanced, and advanced couples lessons
- Leader and Follower technique classes taught by Fabian Peralta & Josefina Bermudez
- Beginner Intensive Series for those who wish to start their tango journey or for experienced dancers who would like to revisit essential fundamentals. (For those of you who are just beginning your discovery of tango, you should know that a partner is not required to participate in the tango classes unless it is a couples class.)
4 Milongas with a New Orleans Flair
Thursday - Bienvenue
Friday - Mardi Gras
Saturday - Le Soirée de Gala
Sunday - Au Revoir
Performances by the Instructors
- The beautiful Astor Ballroom of the Astor Hotel located on the corner of Bourbon Street and Canal Street.
- Many of the city's main attractions and restaurants that fit any budget are only steps away.
NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA
(or NOLA as we natives sometimes refer to it)
The saying, LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER -- LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL, is evident in every nook and cranny in NOLA with the French heritage and European traditions that blend with Caribbean influences. NOLA is a cultural gumbo ... a sensory overload with an authentic spirit. ... a place like no other ... a way of life that began three centuries ago and remains today.
When you want to take your dance shoes off for a little while, there's a lot for your to see and do in New Orleans. NOLA was named one of top ten “World’s Best City” in 2014 by the readers of Travel+ Leisure Magazine and a ‘Must See Destination for 2014” by the National Geographic. It was also recognized as a “Best American City for Foodies” by Conde Nast Traveler.
Visit www.neworleanscvb.com/nolatango to plan your non-tango activities!
Forever New Orleans Video with Kermit Ruffins and the Rebirth Brass Band.
Special thanks to the staff at the New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau for their support!